The information on this website is just intended to give you an introduction to our unique facilities. Please contact us to arrange a visit in order to look around and discuss requirements for your special day.
Here are some guidelines to help you in planning your ceremony at Smithills Hall:
- First choose a date for your ceremony. We are currently able to offer wedding ceremonies on Saturdays only.
- Contact us to check the availability of your chosen date and to discuss your requirements.
- Once you have confirmed that the date you have chosen is available at the Hall, you will need to contact the Register Office to check the availability of the registrar. We can hold the provisional booking for you for 14 days in order to allow you to do this.
Bolton Register Office can be contacted by telephone on 01204 331185 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A non - refundable deposit of 50% of the cost of the wedding is required within 14 days of making the provisional booking, to confirm your chosen date.
- By law, you and your partner are both required to give notice of your intention to marry or form a civil partnership at the Register Office as soon as possible after confirming your booking. This needs to be done at the Register Office of the borough you live in (although it will be a Bolton Registrar who performs the ceremony at Smithills Hall). A fee will be required by the Register Office.
Notice needs to be given at least 28 days before your wedding date, and cannot be given more than 12 months in advance of your ceremony.
- You will be required to complete an official booking form in addition to reading and signing our terms and conditions of hire. These need to be completed and returned to Christine Collins, the Historic Halls Manager.
- Full payment of the remaining balance will be required at least 30 days before the date of the ceremony.