The withdrawing room was built by Andrew Barton between 1520 and 1540.
The spirit of wealth, family, status, religion and confidence of the time can be seen in the splendour of this room, clearly illustrated by the beautiful linenfold oak panelling, one of the finest surviving panelling of its type in the North West.
Also to be found in this room are the vibrantly coloured panels situated next to the window. These were commissioned by Peter Ainsworth in 1843 and have recently been professionally restored.
They show the coats of arms of all the families who have lived in the Hall and are a clear indication of how proud the Ainsworths were of the heritage of their new home.