This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Situated outside of the town centre in the Hall i’th’ Wood area of Bolton, this grade I listed half-timbered Hall is a hidden gem. Built in the 1500’s it was the home of a rich woollen merchant. The building is accessed via a front door with level access.
The rooms are on 2 floors, with access to the second floor via staircase only.
The Hall is an accredited museum.
Library and Museum assistants are on hand throughout the building should you require assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require assistance please phone 01204 332377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For details of our opening times, where we are and a map of where to find us see the plan your visit pages on our website www.boltonlams.co.uk
- We have a Guide to our services leaflet that is available to download from our website.
- The nearest train station is Hall I Th Wood, which is 0.31 miles away, a walking distance of around 6 minutes.
- The nearest bus service is the 527 which leaves from Bolton Town Centre.
- The road leading up to the Hall is tarmac and then cobble stones.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is a car park directly outside the Hall.
- Visitors can be dropped off at the entrance.
Main Entrance and Reception
- The reception desk is on the ground floor.
- There is seating in the reception area.
- The floor surface within the Hall is a mixture of wood and stone.
- There is a lowered section of the welcome desk.
- There is a hearing loop system installed on the reception desk
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad of paper are available on request.
Displays, Exhibits etc
- The museum is on two floors.
- Due to the age of the building the floors in many areas are uneven.
- There are various steps up and down into some of the ground floor rooms.
- The rooms on the first floor are accessible via two staircases, both of which have handrails but one is a spiral staircase. Photographs of the first floor are available at the bottom of the stairs for those unable to access this floor.
- Library and Museum assistants are on hand to offer any assistance.
- There are chairs available to use throughout the building.
- Lighting in the galleries is generally bright and evenly lit; however some areas are more dimly lit to aid preservation of the collections.
- There are public toilets, however they are outside of the main Hall.
- There are two sets of steps to both the male and female toilets and the paths are cobbled.
- There are baby changing facilities in both the male and female toilets.
- There is a shop with a small range of souvenirs and books etc. on the ground floor of the Hall.
- The shop is level throughout and is large enough for a wheelchair or pushchair.
- A low level counter is provided.
- The counter has a hearing loop system installed.
- Staff can offer assistance if required.
- All our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will assist you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge area.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available on request.
Address: Hall i’th’ Wood Museum, Green Way, off Crompton Way, Bolton BL1 8UA
Telephone: 01204 332370
Hours of Operation: Tue 10am-4pm, Sat 12pm-4pm